Andrej Velkavrh 28.03.2017 19:45:23 GMT
Meritve prisotnosti puščavskega peska so odvisne od vremenske situacije. Nad Sredozemlje in naprej proti severu prinašajo pesek višinski vetrovi južnih smeri. Taka situacija je bila proti koncu preteklega tedna, ko jo je Matevž kar dobro izkoristil. Trenutno pa zračni tokovi ne obljubljajo ponovitve vsaj podobne situacije tja do konca tedna. Smo v nizkem štartu in budno spremljamo, kako se bo vreme nad severno Afriko in Sredozemljem razvijalo v prihodnjih dneh. Morda se bo spet vzpostavil južni zračni tok iznad severne Sahare tam nekje v nedeljo ali ponedeljek. Trenutno pa ekipa počiva in ne trati svojih moči in sredstev. Morebitne novice sledijo. Matevž Lenarčič 28.03.2017 16:48:17 GMT
After discussion with Andrej, about weather situation over Mediterranean, decision was made to fly back to Slovenia as all other options like waiting on Sardinia with aircraft, or going home by comercial and leaving little beauty alone on dusty apron of Cagliari Elmas airport were too expensive. The weather was nice all the way over Sardinia and Corsica although quite strong headwinds which caused some turbulence over the mountains where I was re-ruted due military activity on my original route. But I saw and almost touched snow on the mountain ridges. Italy was today easy Bologna control was kind and cleared me direct from Florence VOR to Portorož. Domen was waiting for me in Divača airfield, made quick aircraft inspection to be sure everything is ready for next weather opportunity. It is a pity that when the weather is nice, we usually can't measure. Will keep you informed. Matevž Lenarčič 27.03.2017 08:03:42 GMT
Hello from South of Sardinia island and Cagliari as its capital. Weather nice and warm with a lot of Sahara send everywhere. Came from Africa with strong southerly winds, caused by deep cyclon over Atlantic coast of west Africa. When I flew second stage from Malta towards Spain I experienced very bad visibility. After early departure from expensive airport , cleared as special VFR due low clouds I was soon climbing through clouds to the brighter future which was very dusty. First part over the sea towards Tunisija was like flying in the fog without visibility although I saw some blue sky above me. Tunisija was covered with low and high clouds and a lot of dust in between. Outside temperature on 3000 m was around 0 deg, but soon got -6 closer to cyclon. Experienced som instrument malfunction from time to time with loss of autopilot, but reseting helped back in operation. Over Algerian sea weather cleared with better visibility so decended a bit as layer of sand also got lower. Light turbulence which was with me all the way from Malta disapeared ands soon got in contact with Barcelona control, than Almeria with no traffic and an hour later just lended on small airfield LEAX, east of Malaga. Now one was on multicom frequency so just landed. A guy from Aeroclub Malaga was there to help me refuelning. It was strange for them than someone came to their airfield form so far away from another country, so they did not know how to close my international flight plan. My old friend experienced Earthrounder and former Iberia piolot, Michel Gordillo help me out wit some calls to control where they obviously never received my flight plan form Malta. Nice warm afternoon in Torres del Mar, but unfortunately a lot of preparation to next stage over sea direct to Sardinia. No rest, as the weather situation we need for measurements is closing fast. Cheers Matevz Griša Močnik 27.03.2017 00:00:53 GMT
Matevz, great flying!! And no head winds for the way back. Griša Močnik 26.03.2017 23:59:57 GMT
Back to reality (delay entirely due to me) - the preliminary data (soon to be uploaded) show relatively clean skyes on the 1st day (Portoroz, Slovenia - Malta). The 2nd day (Malta - Malaga, Spain) started with a Saharan dust episode and finished with a short dusty event. The 3rd day (Malaga, Spain - Cagliari, Italy) was dusty more or less all of the time. Looks like no dust for the next few days, we'll see... Rado 26.03.2017 13:43:50 GMT
Bravo "Matevž Lenarčič, Pilot s poslanstvom", v treh dneh si naredil 3 dolge etape. Kje imaš skrito zalogo tvoje energije? Zanimajo me rezultati merjenja saharskega peska in črnega ogljika. Želim ti uspešno nadaljevanje zahtevne naloge. Srečno. Marko 26.03.2017 13:41:43 GMT
Spremljam vas tudi preko Twitter-ja in sem videl fotografijo kako umazan je zrak, kjer ste leteli. Zanimivo. Cestitke za danasnji let. Domen Grauf 26.03.2017 13:00:00 GMT
Evo, na tleh. Tudi v ekipi nas zanimajo rezultati zato, Griša,... Domen Grauf 26.03.2017 12:29:21 GMT
speed is even 153 kts Pilot 26.03.2017 12:01:11 GMT
Wow, Speed 150 knots, 26 Mar 2017 11:59:50 UTC Pilot 26.03.2017 11:47:56 GMT
Hello my friend. You are faster today. I like Dynamic WT9, it is amazing airplane! Gregor Z. 26.03.2017 11:44:31 GMT
Čakamo na številke. Lani sem z navdušenjem spremljal Matevža, ko je skoraj v rekordnem času obletel zemljo. Letošnji projekt pa je nekoliko drugačen. V medijih sem zasledil povdarek na cilju, da želite zbrati čim več kvalitetnih podatkov in opraviti meritve v idealnih pogojih. Želim vam uspešno misijo. Gregor Marko 26.03.2017 11:14:28 GMT
Spremljam vaš projekt in sem navdušen. Zdi se mi zanimivo, predvsem iz raziskovalnega vidika, ker sem se vedno spraševal koliko Saharskega peska se mora dvigniti iz severna Afrike in koliko ga potem z vetrovi prinese v naše kraje. Spomladi večkrat med dežjem opazim avtomobil, ki je umazan od Saharskega peska. Predstavljam si, da se ta pesek usede tudi v hribih in na ledenikih, kar sem videl na lastne oči med obiskom gora, posebej v spomladanskem času. Domen Grauf 26.03.2017 08:11:01 GMT
Danes nadaljuje do Sardinije/Cagliari. Glede na vetrovne razmere, velja izkoristiti priložnost in izmeriti transport Saharskega peska nad morjem, kar nam bo omogočilo lažjo razumevanje transporta peska proti Alpam in centralni Evropi. Domen Grauf 25.03.2017 10:51:29 GMT
News, Matevz will stop in Malaga/Spain today. Domen Grauf 25.03.2017 09:18:43 GMT
Currently he has a plan to reach the airport LEAX in Spain. Strong winds are the fact for decision making about LPEV. Domen Grauf 25.03.2017 08:24:31 GMT
Hello José Rocha, thank you for your concern and advice. Matevz has a contact and he got an instruction. I will check with him by satellite telephone and suggested him as you wrote. jose rocha 25.03.2017 07:56:33 GMT
Hello dear sir.
Just to congratulate you for this event and what it means to all of us!!
I just toke notice of your tour and I saw that one of your flight legs would come to Portugal and to Lisbon. Just be aware that Lisbon does not accept VFR ULAC or Light sport aircraft for landing. And also, if you plan go to Cascais or any other airport or airfield in Portugal you should ask our authority for a permit, even if it is just for one or two days.
If you already have your contacts here in Portugal that is great and please ask them to do that if not please advise so that I can help you with.
I'm an military Air traffic Controller in Portugal and I do have a site www.cavok.pt written in Portuguese where you can find for free all kind of safety issues to fly in Portugal.
So, be free to contact me if you need any help in the Portuguese territory.
Best regards and hope your journey and aim will be successful and achieve it's goals.
Best regards and safe flight sir. Godspeed!! Domen Grauf 25.03.2017 05:35:44 GMT
Matevž nadaljuje danes z merjenjem črnega ogljika in saharskega peska. Namenjen na Portugalsko, letališče Evora. Veter zjugozahodnih smeri se pri tleh umirja, na višini 3000 metrov pa je začel pihati zahodnik in je edino danes še možnost, da izmeri Saharski pesek, ki ga je veter v zadnjih treh dneh dvignil v atmosfero. Cirrus.si 24.03.2017 14:55:39 GMT
Bravo, čestitke za pristanek na Malti in srečno pot jutri naprej! Domen Grauf 24.03.2017 14:28:52 GMT
Uspešno na Malti. Jutri pa naprej proti Portugalski. Domen Grauf 24.03.2017 13:52:42 GMT
Še malo pa bo na Malti. Kljub vetru, je povprečna hitrost čisto v redu. Peter-ločan 24.03.2017 13:42:01 GMT
Čestitke,spremljam vse akcije!Srečno! Denis 24.03.2017 12:05:58 GMT
Nice to have forum back Miran 24.03.2017 10:50:34 GMT
Kot vedno vse skupaj tudi tokrat spremljam. G. Matevžu in ekipi želim vse dobro. Priznam, da me kot letalskega fena, bolj fascinira samo letenje od do. Srečno pod in nad oblake! Domen Grauf 24.03.2017 09:17:06 GMT
Danes je destinacija letalisce Luqa na Malti. Let bo trajal bribljizno 6 ur. Zaradi "slota", ki so nam ga dolocili na Mati, se bo Matevz casovno poizkusil cim bolj drzati planov. Sledite nam na novi misiji, ki bo zelo zanimiva. Petra Draskovic Pelc 23.03.2017 19:01:59 GMT
Jutri, v petek, 24.3.2017 je ob 8h na portoroškem letališču predvidena tiskovna konferenca, ob 10h pa začetek poleta. Vabljeni, da se nam pridružite! Pierre-Yves Bacle 23.03.2017 08:43:20 GMT
Dear Mr Lenarcic,
I have a client who intends to achieve to hire a pilot for taking photographs within the basis of large volumes shootings (through a specific shooting equipment).
Before discussing on contractual terms & conditions, may I ask you two practical questions ?
1- What is the minimum (as slow as possible) speed that you can obtain when you are at an altitude between 100 and 500 meters ?
2- What is the maximum weight (for the shooting equipment) that your aircraft can accept ?
Thank you in advance for your answer.
Pierre-Yves Bacle (email firstname.lastname@example.org ) Jožica 22.03.2017 14:50:27 GMT
Menda gre v petek ob 10.00 iz Portoroža. Še vreme napovedujejo super, zato ni razloga, da ne bi bili tam. marija šukalo 22.03.2017 13:57:00 GMT
Tudi v slovenskem jeziku so komentarji dobrodošli. Sicer pa vsem akterjem vpetim v projekt veliko sreče in hitrega javljanja. Pilotumur 21.03.2017 13:01:08 GMT
Congrulations, friend. Have a good flight. Matevž Lenarčič 20.03.2017 19:34:21 GMT
We were about to start this year GLWF Mediterranean black carbon and Sahara send mission on Wednesday, but weather situation does not fully cooperate. Strong southerly winds are in the western Mediterranean so useless to fly to Cyprus and measure nothing on the way to Malta. We decided for direct flight to Malta and from there to Portugal. Wednesday very possible fog and raing on departure, and winds on Thursday west of the main Alpine chain. On Friday seems to be moving to the East but too much rain in too cold weather. Zero degrees in the clouds means icing on the aircraft surface and shorty after swimming in cold Mediterranean surface. Still hope for weather forecast change and looking with one eye for Thursday start from LJPZ. Will keep you posted. Matevž Lenarčič 17.03.2017 23:21:49 GMT
Spidertrack tracking is back on again. Today we tested it during the flight to LJSO to pick aircraft stickers and measure some dirt in the air. Bad visibility means no good photos. But flying is fun as always. Matevž Lenarčič 13.03.2017 10:04:47 GMT
GLWF Mediterranean 2017 is about to start. Planning is somehow more complicated this year as we have to wait for proper weather situation not only for flying but also for right winds which transport Sahara send and black carbon from Africa to the Alpine glaciers. First leg is going to be from Portorož to Pafos / Cyprus. An hour ago I discussed with our meteorologist Andrej Velkavrh and he confirmed that no such weather situation is approaching till next Wednesday. Keep with us for detailed news in next days. Jani 11.03.2017 23:17:32 GMT
Še tri dni in bomo spet nalimani na računalnik :-) Franci 27.02.2017 22:22:04 GMT
Oooo spet se bo nekaj dogajalo. In forum je nazaj. Bravo! Domen Grauf 23.01.2017 10:40:00 GMT
GreenLight WorldFlight plans for 2017 in MEDITERRANEAN
We are going to measure the black carbon and Sahara sand influx from Africa to Central Europe in the spring time above the Mediterranean Sea, south and north of the Alps and above the mountain range itself on different altitude levels.